“Why waste a sentence saying nothing?” Even if you say one sentence, it should speak volumes about your website, products or services you offer.
Your website content is vital and every page of your site, blog, and other online real estate should be set up to sell. Website and ecommerce developers can create great looking and dynamic websites for you, but it will be your responsibility, or that of your marketing and content team to ensure that readers have the content they desire. Websites that are packed with good quality content have long enjoyed the benefits of high search engine positions and good conversion rates.
Content marketing means creating and sharing media and publishing content in such a way that you acquire more customers. Content Marketing is one of the best methodologies for marketing your website and your business. Posting relevant, valuable and frequently updated information on your website will boost search engine optimization (SEO), help position you as an expert, and allow you to build relationships with your audience. All are priceless benefits for any business.
Quality content is a piece of work that is informative, entertaining, original, factual and grammatically correct. The aim of writing is to drive home a point. You want to communicate to people and share with them the knowledge you have gained through your learning and experience. So it can be said that the amount of content you can manage to generate is a direct measure of your knowledge. You already see the point, don’t you? Now, let us briefly look at each aspect of quality content:
- Informative – Content that means nothing to the readers is best discarded. Your content must have a clear aim of delivering some information to the readers. It should benefit the readers, albeit in a small way.
- Entertaining – Content writing is like cooking! Here we surely don’t mean to say that you got to cook up stories (unless of course you are into fiction writing). What we mean is writing, like cooking, is not difficult. But for the food to be appealing it needs to be served well. Similarly, good quality content needs to be presented well. It could be written in simple, straight language, but it must appeal to the readers.
- Original – Creativity is always well appreciated. You don’t need yet another site that talks of the same things, the same way, in the same style. You have a site that talks about paintings; there are so many other sites that talk about paintings too. So here the need is that you must come up with content, which is original and creative. While you can’t really change the facts, you can certainly narrate them in a unique, simple and appealing way.
- Factual – Facts are what people look for. Do not give any information that is not true. Do not write what sounds nice but may not be right. Do not write just to make the reader happy.
- Grammatically Correct – Here grammatically correct content refers to properly structured sentences with correct grammatical applications. Flow of the content also is an important factor in determining the value of content. The content should be appropriate in the context it is used. The language should be based on the target audience. Use of foul or very informal language is better done without. The language and the style of presenting should be consistent throughout the body.
If you think that you have a content that is of good quality, matching all of the above criteria, you have a winner. Go ahead and serve the dish, just get your serving dishes right. There are many people waiting for your writings.